Coach Nick is introducing our first CF Kids class to CFIL!
Some of you may have seen me running my girls and some of the other kids through their paces after the SaturdayWODs. Well, we’re going legit – I’m now a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer with a CrossFit Kids certification, and I’m very pleased to be a part of building the CrossFit Kids program at Inner Loop.
Things we will do:
1. HAVE FUN
2. Ingrain proper movement patterns
3. HAVE FUN
4. Learn that exercise – particularly in the weight room – is something everyone can and should do
5. HAVE FUN
6. Learn how to work hard
7. HAVE FUN
Things we will not do:
1. Lift heavy weights. Kids don’t develop muscle through hypertrophy. Loads will be scaled with a focus on movement and safety, not hitting a 1 rep max.
2. WODs that leave children in gasping little puddles. That’s not fun (at that age, anyway).
3. Things that are not safe. Getting hurt is not fun.
4. Things that are not fun. See a pattern?
Days: Wed. 4:30 or Sat. 8:30 am
Ages: 6 – 13, though that’s negotiable at the margins
Dates: 8 week session runs Oct. 18 – Dec. 6 (class size of no more than 10)
Price: $96/session for 1 day (choose Wed. or Sat.)
To reserve a spot contact Jara at Jara@crossfitinnerloop.com