Memorial Day Wrap-Up
With the weather cooperating, we had an amazing turnout yesterday for our 2nd annual “Murph” and post-workout festivities — which this year featured a 77-lb. pig roast! We are grateful to every member of our community that came out and participated in the workout, contributed a side dish to our potluck, or just cheered and provided support to others. We had a number of family members, including kids & teens, participate in the workout as well, which was just awesome to see.
It truly takes a village, and none of this would have happened without the support and help from our own awesome community of members. Special thank-yous go out to:
- Kira Antell and Blayde Woodrum for getting to the gym before 4:00am to get the pig roast started, and to Kira and Paul Engelhardt for all the pre-roast prep work (and clean-up!) that was involved
- Kim Barcas for providing the pig roasting box
- Coach John G. for providing the truck and transportation in acquiring the roasting box
- Cristin Fair for providing the tent and chairs that housed the pig and allowed our pig-roasters to be comfortable in case of rain
- Kristin Maki for making the other food & beverage tables look awesome and organized
More photos to come!
E2MOM for 12 minutes:
1 Power Clean + 2 Front Squats + 2 Jerks
Start at ~60% of 1RM Jerk and ascend by feel, working toward a heavy complex. Record heaviest used
18 minutes to complete 3-4 Rounds for Quality (NOT FOR TIME):
3 minutes Bike or Row @ 60% effort
25m Walking Lunge w/ Plate OH
15 Bentover Plate Rows
10 GHD or Abmat Sit-Ups
5 Barbell Strict Press
All weights are athletes’ choice based on how you are feeling – focus on good form first and foremost!
Cash-Out / Cool Down
Foam Roller Lat Smash (2 min/side)
Banded Shoulder Distraction, 1 min/side